- So, there's a petition to get Disney to STOP using their 'Hakuna Matata' trademark
- Before you continue...
- Petition Urges Disney to Drop Trademark of Swahili Phrase ‘Hakuna Matata’
So, there's a petition to get Disney to STOP using their 'Hakuna Matata' trademark
Apple, for instance, has a trademark over what is essentially a fruit, but there are limits to its ability to limit other companies from using the word or image of an apple: Other firms cannot print the word or the symbol on goods with the intention of misguiding consumers to think they are buying an Apple product. To further muddle the issue, at least two other American firms, a wedding business and a vitamin company, have trademarked Hakuna Matata.
But the petition, originated by Shelton Mpala, an activist in Zimbabwe, argued against the trademark in broader terms. The Guardian. Archived from the original on Retrieved Categories : Swahili words and phrases.
- The most useless book in the world.!
- The Actress and the Rake.
- 10 Critical Strategies for Finding Fulfillment in a Hectic World.
- Black Lace Quickies 5.
- Online petition saying Disney has exploited Africa gains steam, topping 138,000 signatures.
- Petition calls on Disney to drop 'Hakuna Matata' trademark.
Hidden categories: Webarchive template wayback links Wikipedia articles needing clarification from June Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history. Here are some important tips to help you safely ha…. Here are some of the things you should know before….
The African Exponent. Share this article. By Takudzwa Hillary Chiwanza. December 11th, Add to my list.
More Newsletters Privacy Support. Are you impressed, have any concerns, or think we can improve this article? Email us. Follow us on social media and rss.
Before you continue...
Next From Your Saved Articles. Related Articles. Nov 8th.
Jul 25th. Beyonce Releases Song with Kiswahili Lyr…. Jul 11th. Mar 18th. Anglophone and Francophone Cameroon - Th….
Petition Urges Disney to Drop Trademark of Swahili Phrase ‘Hakuna Matata’
Mar 14th. Most Read Articles. Nov 16th.